Nikki Mattei from best think pink provides us with simple steps for healthier breasts.
• Avoid personal care products and cosmetics with endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDC’s) and use deodorants without aluminium and parabens
• Use chemical-free natural products to clean your home and your clothes
• Have yourself professionally measured to check you are wearing the right size bra. Consider wearing it for as few hours as possible and try not to wear an under wired bra everyday. If your bra leaves marks on your shoulders, you may be compromising your lymphatic system
• Benefit from early detection and undertake a thorough breast self-examination once a month
• Encourage lymphatic drainage by doing a twice daily detoxifying breast massage – your breasts will feel great!
• Undertake a weekly lymphatic breast massage – helps to relieve tenderness and discomfort
• Try to buy organic fruit and veg which haven’t been sprayed with pesticides or grow your own. Some of the vegetable box schemes can work out very reasonable and for most you can specify your dislikes. Or just buy organic for the fruit and veg you eat the most
• Try to buy organic meat or poultry or buy from a butcher or farmer’s market so you can ask where the meat comes from and confirm that the animals are not fed with hormones